Careers / Job PostingLooking for an exciting job in the A.I. field? Check out our opportunities.
Software Engineer Position
Discovery Machine Inc. is a growing software developer and service provider for a variety of DoD and commercial customers.
Founded in 1999, Discovery Machine develops a variety of software technologies aimed at opening up Artificial Intelligence (AI) to the masses. Our graphical modeling languages and development environments enable non-programmers to directly participate in the development of immersive training environments.
Made of a small, tight-knit team of talented engineers, Discovery Machine develops and deploys a set of software solutions that push the boundaries of AI technology. From advanced research into completely novel AI technologies, to development of immersive 3D training environments, work at Discovery Machine constantly exposes our employees to new and interesting engineering challenges.
We are looking for talented engineers who enjoy working with a small, relaxed team on a dynamic problem set. Applicants must enjoy learning new things, as the set of problems we address with our technology is constantly changing.
- Advanced research into novel AI applications
- Serious Game / Training Simulation development
- Development of graphical AI modeling languages and IDE’s
- Work with speech and natural language recognition technologies
- Develop immersive training environments in Unity3D and other simulation environments
- Create AI behavior models for employment in a variety of domains
- Deploy to a variety of platforms, in a variety of domains (DoD, Healthcare, Energy)
- Employ cutting edge AI research to create realistic characters and entities to enhance training experiences
- Develop and enhance speech recognition and natural language technologies
- Develop and enhance a graphical behavior and device modeling technology
- Work with Subject Matter Experts to capture knowledge about a variety of training domains
- Analyze user needs and develop software solutions
- Collaborate with a small team of talented engineers to design and optimize code
- Create design documents for complex software systems
- Perform routine software maintenance
- Must be a U.S. Citizen; Work Visa is not eligible
- 3-5 year experience of previous experience in software development, computer engineering, or other related fields
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Must enjoy learning new things
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Background in AI is a plus
- User Interface Design experience is a plus
- Knowledge of Java, C#, or other programming languages
- Familiarity with relational databases such as MySQL, Oracle, and SQL Server
Why Work Here:
- Competitive Salary
- Full Benefits partially subsidized by Company
- Company Matched Simple Retirement Account (SRA)
- Generous Paid Time Off (Holidays, Vacation, and Sick Time)
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance provided
- Merit Raises and Performance Bonuses available
- Small Company Environment
- Snack Bar
- Casual Dress Code
Candidates meeting the above criteria will be contacted to discuss the opportunity and your experience. DMI is an equal opportunity employer offering competitive salary, benefits, and a flexible work schedule with core hours. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
Send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com