Careers / Job PostingLooking for an exciting job in the A.I. field? Check out our opportunities.
Software Engineer Position
Discovery Machine® is a growing software developer and service provider for a variety of DoD and commercial customers.
Founded in 1999, Discovery Machine® develops a variety of software technologies aimed at opening up Artificial Intelligence (AI) to the masses. Our graphical modeling languages and development environments enable non-programmers to directly participate in the development of immersive training environments.
Made of a small, tight-knit team of talented engineers, Discovery Machine® develops and deploys a set of software solutions that push the boundaries of AI technology. From advanced research into completely novel AI technologies, to development of immersive 3D training environments, work at Discovery Machine® constantly exposes our employees to new and interesting engineering challenges.
We are looking for talented engineers who enjoy working with a small, relaxed team on a dynamic problem set. Applicants must enjoy learning new things, as the set of problems we address with our technology is constantly changing.
- Advanced research into novel AI applications
- Serious Game / Training Simulation development
- Development of graphical AI modeling languages and IDE’s
- Work with speech and natural language recognition technologies
- Develop immersive training environments in Unity3D and other simulation environments
- Create AI behavior models for employment in a variety of domains
- Deploy to a variety of platforms, in a variety of domains (DoD, Healthcare, Energy)
- Employ cutting edge AI research to create realistic characters and entities to enhance training experiences
- Develop and enhance speech recognition and natural language technologies
- Develop and enhance a graphical behavior and device modeling technology
- Work with Subject Matter Experts to capture knowledge about a variety of training domains
- Analyze user needs and develop software solutions
- Collaborate with a small team of talented engineers to design and optimize code
- Create design documents for complex software systems
- Perform routine software maintenance
- Must be a U.S. Citizen; Work Visa is not eligible
- 3-5 year experience of previous experience in software development, computer engineering, or other related fields
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Must enjoy learning new things
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Background in AI is a plus
- User Interface Design experience is a plus
- Knowledge of Java, C#, or other programming languages
- Familiarity with relational databases such as MySQL, Oracle, and SQL Server
Why Work Here:
- Competitive Salary
- Full Benefits partially subsidized by Company
- Company Matched Simple Retirement Account (SRA)
- Generous Paid Time Off (Holidays, Vacation, and Sick Time)
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance provided
- Merit Raises and Performance Bonuses available
- Small Company Environment
- Snack Bar
- Casual Dress Code
Candidates meeting the above criteria will be contacted to discuss the opportunity and your experience. Discovery Machine®, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer offering competitive salary, benefits, and a flexible work schedule with core hours. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
Send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com